XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Mac to follow Windows release
XCOM 2 is getting an expansion pack. That’s the good news. The good news is that it will also be coming to Mac and Linux gamers “shortly” after the release for Windows and consoles.
I love it when it’s all good news.
Feral Interactive will be releasing the macOS and Linux versions of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, which is being developed by Firaxis Games. The expansion packs adds a massive amount of “thrilling new material” to XCOM 2, picking up with the fight against ADVENT. When additional resistance factions emerge to eliminate the alien invaders, a sinister new enemy—the “Chosen”—arises. They have one goal: to recapture the Commander of XCOM.
The expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the “Chosen”, new enemies, missions, even more challenging environments and increased depth in strategic gameplay.
Let’s break that down in handy bullet-point form, shall we?
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class.
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations.
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest.
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
No release date has been given for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, but we know it will be available from the Feral Store and Steam, and as an in-app purchase to owners of the Mac App Store version of XCOM 2. System requirements will be confirmed closer to the release date, and you will need a copy of XCOM 2 to play.
For more information, visit www.feralinteractive.com.