Tomb Raider will rise on Mac, Linux this spring
If there’s a game you want on the Mac, you can rely on Feral Interactive to bring it to us. Case in point, the publisher announced today that Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, will be coming to macOS and Linux this spring. Developed by Crystal Dynamics, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the follow-up to the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot which also hit the Mac courtesy of Feral.
In Rise of the Tomb Raider…
Players will become the young archaeologist Lara Croft as she seeks the lost city of Kitezh to recover the Divine Source, an ancient artifact with the power to grant immortality. When Lara’s quest puts her in the crosshairs of Trinity, a secret global organization, she must use all her wits and daring to reach the Divine Source first.
As you’d expect from a Lara Croft adventure, a fair amount of globe-hopping will be involved. Players climb, swim, grapple, and zip-line their way through environments such as Syria’s sun-baked ruins and the vast wilderness of Siberia, all while outsmarting deadly traps and solving the type of huge, multi-layered, and architecturally unreasonable puzzles we’ve come to know and love over the past 20 years (Aspyr released the original Tomb Raider Gold for the Mac in 1998).
Hopefully for us purists, Rise of the Tomb Raider won’t follow the Tomb Raider reboot’s focus on massive weaponry and gunplay over environmental puzzle solving. The trailer gives one hope.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will bundle the base game with all DLC:
- Blood Ties: A standalone story in which Lara uncovers family secrets as she explores her childhood home, Croft Manor.
- Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch: An adventure in which Lara seeks the truth behind a mythic terror lurking within a new region of Siberia, the Wicked Vale.
- Cold Darkness Awakened: When a biological weapon is unleashed in the Siberian wilderness, Lara is tasked with ending a viral outbreak as she fights off waves of infected adversaries.
- Lara’s Nightmare: As undead hordes infiltrate Croft Manor, Lara must become the ultimate zombie slayer.
- Endurance Mode: Two players team up to survive the dangerous forest while plundering crypts for relics.
- Extreme Survivor Challenge: In the hardest difficulty setting for the main campaign, players overcome difficult limits of save points, resources, ammunition, and health.
- 5 Classic Skins: Nostalgic skins from Tomb Raider history: Croft Manor, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Bomber Jacket, Chronicles Catsuit, and Angel of Darkness.
- 12 Outfits: Ancient Vanguard (Byzantine-era chain mail), Apex Predator (bear fur, animal claws, and warpaint), Shadowrunner (tactical vest and watch cap), and the reimagined Antarctica outfit inspired by Tomb Raider III.
- Expedition Cards: Players use cards in Expedition Mode to boost their score, modify their abilities, and apply cosmetic effects like Big Head Enemies.
The release date, pricing and system requirements have yet to be announced, but you can learn more about the game in the meantime by visiting www.feralinteractive.com.