Rocky ios game is more nuanced than Rocky himself
Full disclosure, I haven’t seen all the Rocky movies. Maybe half. But that’s enough to know Rocky’s approach to boxing is to take a ridiculous number of blows to the head until he feels inspired to win. The new Rocky game for iOS won’t be quite so easy.
Mobile game publisher has released the free game in conjunction with MGM Interactive to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Academy Award-winning film: Rocky. If the movie and its countless sequels don’t provide enough action, you can play as the famous blue-collar fighter and face familiar foes such as Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago…who wants to break you, if you’ll recall.
Land combinations, counter-punch, dodge, and weave as this arcade style boxing RPG and card-collection game enables you to relive some of Rocky’s most famous moments set to the legendary Rocky theme song.
In case you forgot how that song goes, you can hear it below.
I swear the Rocky movies had more blood and swelling. Perhaps those are IAPs.
The Rocky mobile game allows punchers to:
- Fight Rocky’s greatest opponents from the film franchise.
- Challenge real players worldwide as you fight your way to the top. Receive and send challenges as you battle real-life opponents around the globe.
- Build the ultimate fighter roster. Unlock new boxers as you build up your gym and accumulate rewards.
- Unlock 37 different fighters.
- Utilize time-tap fight mechanics, training mini-games, and perks that are unique to each boxer.
- Train with Mick: Hit the gym and train to boost your stats with legendary trainer Mickey Goldmill.
- Earn awesome rewards: Fighter packs, Victory packs, and Resource packs reward you every step of your boxing career. Unlock reward chests from winning in the ring. Discover rare 4-star boxers with highest maximum stat potential.
Rocky is available now for free (with IAPs) in the iTunes App Store.