Early Access to Fortnite opens July 25th
I suppose there are two ways to consider the zombie apocalypse: a bloody, violent end to humanity or a fun team-building exercise. If you prefer the latter, you’ll want to check out Fortnite, a third-person action/building game coming to Mac, PC, Xbox One and PS4 on July 25th via paid Early Access.
Fortnite tasks players with builing massive forts to battle against hordes of monsters. Doing so requires crafting and looting “…within giant worlds where no two games are ever the same,” if crafting and looting is your thing. When teaming up with other players online, you can select the speciality best suited to your particular gameplay style:
- Outlander – explore and find ingredients necessary for crafting
- Soldier – the first line of defense
- Ninja – sneak around and slice your way through melee combat
- Constructor – build/repair defenses, and customize them to counter specific attacks
Oh, and don’t worry…everyone gets a gun.
To make sure you’re ready for the coming carnage, Epic Games is offering plenty of incentives to those who pre-order or pre-register. Specifically, Fortnite Founders Packs give players:
- a four-day head start to to the Early Access Season,
- access to exclusive in-game events in 2017,
- and huge value on stuff like Heroes, loot, weapons, and in-game boosts, such as with the exclusive Storm Master Weapon Pack.
Pre-order packages are available ranging from $39.99 for the standard edition to $149.99 for the limited edition. For more information and to pre-register Fortnite, visit www.fortnite.com.