Final Fantasy Brave Exvius coming to iOS this summer
There’s no shortage of Final Fantasy games available for mobile devices; if you played it more than 10 years ago, chances are good you can play it now on your iPhone or iPad. But original Final Fantasy games? Those are harder to come by.
This summer, however, a brand new Final Experience will be released for iOS and Android by co-developers Square Enix and Gumi (the company behind Phantom of the Kill which is due out this month and has taken over my life). Although it’ll be new to us, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius has already drawn in more than six million players in Japan with its classic Final Fantasy lore and legendary heroes from the franchise.
In Brave Exvius, adventurers will follow two knights of the kingdom of Grandshelt and the young girl who suddenly appears before them as they quest to pursue a highly sought after crystal.
Gameplay features include:
- Traditional turn-based combat with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls
- Fields and dungeons to explore for items, hidden paths, and new routes
- High-quality CG animations of Final Fantasy summons
- Appearances from new and classic characters such as the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
- A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones
Those interested can now pre-register at finalfantasyexvius.com to receive special in-game items at launch. That will likely be a good idea, as Final Fantasy Brave Exvius will be a free download with in-app purchases.