Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run launches exclusively on iOS
The sad truth of the matter is that I fear running more than I fear the walking dead. I can escape the walking dead at a light jog, which I can keep up for a couple miles if necessary. But running? What am I, an Olympian? I don’t think so…I don’t smoke nearly enough weed to be an amateur athlete.
I can, however, play tactical runners, and that’s what AMC and Versus Evil are offering in Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run, which is now available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It also has some wonderfully creepy graphics.
In Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run you can play as your favorite character as you try to escape the infected hordes that have overrun Los Angeles. Work your way through an abandoned church, a high school, and the local sports arena in story lines that parallel the events of the TV series.
- Annihilate enemies and stay alive as long as you can in a world falling apart.
- Three special show levels are available, with more coming soon. See if you can survive events from the TV show.
- Unlock Travis, Nick, Madison, Strand, Daniel and Chris from the show. Each has his/her own strengths and weaknesses and comes with specific weapons.
- Over 40 weapons at your disposal. Load up with a powerful arsenal of shotguns, rifles, handguns and more.
- Connect with friends to see who makes it the farthest through the city. Run past the lurching bodies of your undead friends!
That last feature is actually kind of cool. “Aw man, they got David. Well, he won’t be needing those guitars anymore.”
Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run is currently an App Store exclusive. The game is free, with myriad options for in-app purchases. It’s also rated 17+, so best to keep the kids away. For more information, visit .