Dynasty Warriors to make its mobile debut at E3 2016
Koei Tecmo’s Dynasty Warriors franchise has been around since its Playstation debut in 1997, appearing across numerous consoles and handheld gaming devices since then. And today, Perfect World announced that Dynasty Warriors Mobile will soon be coming to iOS and Android, and will be available for hands-on previews at E3 2016.
Of course, this news comes with the type of statement that will no doubt infuriate fans of the series. Specifically, the promise Dynasty Warriors Mobile will, “… deliver the series’ characteristic dueling-warriors gameplay experience to a broader audience through an innovative and more accessible control system.”
More accessible. Nothing angers a fanbase more than the words “more accessible.”
But to those of us who consider ourselves Dynasty Warriors dilettantes, the mobile version could serve as a logical entry point into the series, or a chance to keep the gaming going when we’re away from our consoles.
Dynasty Warriors Mobile is a mobile head-to-head fighting game with side-scrolling elements. Experience historical combat featuring heroes from China’s Three Kingdoms period as you learn and master an extensive array of weapons-based and hand-to-hand fighting moves. Mobile-optimized controls deliver classic Dynasty Warriors-franchise gameplay, featuring signature skills and attacks, into the palms of your hands.
Gameplay features include:
- Console-standard gameplay with superior graphics and animation.
- Mobile-optimized combat system featuring light and heavy attacks, defensive parrying, and high-powered Musou supers.
- Cavalry fights set in original Three Kingdoms battlefields.
- Single-player PvE or multiplayer PvP play modes.
- Over 50 collectible warriors with a variety of skills, weapons, and appearance.
- The ability to upgrade characters using over 100 equipment cards, 300 item cards, and 10 mount cards.
Pricing and release information is not yet available, but we hope to get more details for you during E3, June 14th through the 16th.